1 bulb fennel
1 medium-sized zucchini
1 cup fresh arugula
1 Tablespoon fresh dill
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon pine nuts
1/4 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- Wash the fennel and the zucchini.
- Remove the hard part of the fennel (the core).
- Slice both vegetables paper thin (use a good knife or a mandoline).
- Chop the dill.
- Toast the pine nuts (in a frying pan, with no oil, for about 3 to 4 mns, or until golden.)
- Place the vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix together the lemon juice and oil.
- Toss with the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a plastic film, and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Wash the arugula and dry it.
- Take individual serving plates.
- Take a ring mold and use long strips of zucchini to line the inside of the mold.
- Mix together the fennel, zucchini and the arugula.
- Divide the greens between the plates, by placing them in the middle of the mold.
- Remove the mold carefully.
- Decorate with crumbled feta, pine nuts and more dill.
Much simpler as you will toss all of the ingredients together and divide them between plates.